Re: [pygame] Pygame's future beyond 1.8

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 13:37 +1000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Now that pygame-ctypes can run everything I, and several other people, have
> thrown at it, I guess it'd be a good time to think about what PyGame's future
> is.
>
> Here's my vision:

Your plans sound right to me. I'm not as worried about the performance
penalty of ctypes though. I do hope that ARM support comes soon for
ctypes (I know it was another Google SOC project)

In about a year I expect SDL will release their "version 2". The
development is happening in their 1.3 branch and it is impressive;
opengl rendering, multiple windows, etc.

The only question we face is do we wait for the "2.0" tag ourselves
until things. It would be cool if SDL2 and Pygame2 were synced. On the
other hand, probably not worth ransoming our own versions for.