Re: [pygame] pypy?

Let me attempt to clear some pypy things up. PLEASE NOTE, PyPy is a
fast moving target, and by that I mean every three months they invent
a new paradigm for programming in python.

At the moment, you can write in RPython, a subset of python which
looks more like pyrex without the type-declarations, and translate
that directly and efficiently to C code. Secondly, you can take a
fully-RPython library that uses ctypes and translate it into a
*CPython* extension library which is STATICALLY linked against the
library. This means no more ctypes ffi overhead. PyPy compiled RPython
is MUCH MUCH faster than RPython run over CPython. It seems that the
average case of translating a Python module to an RPython module
results in a speedup.

This means if someone is willing to take the time and port SDL-ctypes
to RPython, we made see a fair to signficant *immediate* performance
boost.