Re: [pygame] Select a File...

"Ian Mallett" <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To everyone:  pgu works to select the file.  There are, however, a few
> glitches, like the first directory on the highest level is not listed.  I
> was also hoping for something like a popup window.  Any program with a
> 'open' function has EXACTLY what I want.  How do you do that function?

I'm still unclear about what you want, and what it is that you're trying
to accomplish.

If you're creating a non-game tool, and would like to invoke a popup
dialog box as a window independant of your main window, I still think that
wxPython's file chooser dialog is a good way to prompt the user for a
file. As was mentioned earlier, wxPython uses native controls, so the file
dialog will look familiar, whether users are running on Macs or Windows. I
have no idea what happens with KDE/Gnome/etc on Linux. Did you try
wxPython? It sounded like you did. Did the file dialog not work? Or is
that not what you want?

If you're creating a game, then, as people have pointed out, you probably
don't want either tkinter or wxPython, but you want something like pgu,
which you're already looking at.

-Dave LeCompte