Re: [pygame] PixelArray question

On, Thu Aug 23, 2007, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

> I may have missed something, but why is a separate PixelArray class
> necessary. Couldn't the array methods and buffer interface be added to
> Surface?

Sure. And anything else, what might be added to the PixelArray later on,
as well. As a result we would have a glorious
can-do-anything-implements-all-python-interfaces class called Surface :-).

Separate functionality should be separated in different
classes. Otherwise you just have a messy structure, which is hard to
maintain and enhance. You can also run into function conflicts, where
the same python interface could/should/must have a different behaviour.

It's better to have several different classes with clear purposes than
such a mess.

Regards
Marcus