Re: [pygame] rect.collidedict() and rect.collidedictall() patch

http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/rect.html#Rect.collidedict

does not say so.

~DR0ID

Tim Ansell schrieb:
On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 08:00 +0200, DR0ID wrote:
Hi

sure, tuples are hashable and if it brakes the API thne forget my patch. But then the documentation must be more clear about what to put there in! (a small example perhaps?) Because the simple assumption is a Rect object (which can not work as key). I though a bit about when you would use a dict to store rect/sprite (or whatever) pairs and then check for collision. I think it is not that useful (because if you use a rect/sprite pair, the rect has to be updated manually if it changes in the sprite).

The 1.7 documentation is pretty clear about what you need to do,

Remember python dictionary keys must be immutable, Rects are not
immutable, so they cannot directly be, dictionary keys. You can
convert the Rect to a tuple with the tuple() builtin command.

Tim Ansell