Re: [pygame] Another blitting surface to itself crash

On 8/2/08, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> last time it came up marcus was thinking about making pygame throw an
> exception on blitting a surface to itself, which still seems like a decent
> solution to me. Anybody know any more background?

The root of such problems is why people need to blit on the same
surface? Usually it is because they just need to scroll it a bit to
avoid repainting the whole thing from scratch. Perhaps some scroll
methods will be more welcomed than another exception to process.

--
--anatoly t.