Re: [pygame] What is fun? WAS The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Brad Montgomery wrote:
> Anyone really interested in this topic should read "a theory of fun"
> by Raph Koster.  It's a wonderful little book (but I haven't read the
> whole thing yet)

Another excellent book is "Why Video Games are Good For Your Soul"

http://thelearner.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.62/prod.12

"This book, built entirely around games and game play, shows how good video
games marry pleasure and learning and have the potential to empower people."

And here's some good quotes from the book:

http://thcrawford.blogspot.com/2007/03/why-video-games-are-good-for-your-soul.html

    Richard

ps. disclaimer: I used to work for the publisher of this book