Re: [pygame] pygame.midi not working on Ubuntu Jaunty?

Hi,
In Arch Linux, with 'python-pygame-1.9.1', running the midi example with the --list option,

python -m pygame.examples.midi --list

gives

ImportError: No module named pypm

regrds,
Jagadish

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gary Bishop wrote:
I'm trying out the new pygame.midi on Ubuntu Jaunty. I'm running
examples/midi.py in output mode on Python 2.6.2 with pygame 1.9.1 built
from source without errors. portmidi and porttime were found during the
build.

The vkeybd app works so I know midi output (timidity) works fine.

examples/midi.py displays properly and does not produce any error
messages but it produces no sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks
gb

Hi Gary,

Try the --list option on examples/midi.py to see if a virtual timidity output port is present. Getting some form of midi working with alsa is a hassel.

Lenard Lindstrom