Re: [pygame] Problem with Camera

hi,

I've noticed a number of cameras don't work with the v4l2 backend on linux...

However the opencv backend seems to work with more cameras.

apt-get install python-opencv

Then do:

import os
os.environ['PYGAME_CAMERA'] = 'opencv'

before initialising the camera module.

Or set it with your shell...
export PYGAME_CAMERA=opencv

cheers,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Nirav Patel <olpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems your camera only outputs JPEG frames, which
are not currently supported by the camera module.  This support might
show up in the future.

Nirav