Re: [pygame] problem - movie in pygame

A question that has me a little stumped. In a list e-mail from 2008,
bhaaluu submitted the following code to play simple movies with pygame,

=============================
I run a Debian GNU/Linux system, Python 2.4.4 and PyGame 1.7.

I use this script to play movies. Maybe you can modify it for your game?

#!/usr/bin/python
"""Usage: python playMovie.py movie.mpg
   'q' = Quit
"""
import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

def main(filepath):
  pygame.init()
  pygame.mixer.quit()
  movie = pygame.movie.Movie(filepath)
  screen = pygame.display.set_mode(movie.get_size())
  movie.set_display(screen)

  pygame.event.set_allowed((QUIT, KEYDOWN))
  movie.play()
  while movie.get_busy():
      evt = pygame.event.wait()
      if evt.type == QUIT:
          break
      if evt.type == KEYDOWN and evt.unicode == u'q':
          break
  if movie.get_busy():
      movie.stop()

if __name__ == '__main__':
  import sys
  main(sys.argv[1])
=============================

It works fine under Python 2.6 and pygame 1.8.1 and pygame 1.9.1,
however, if I change the "movie.play()" line to include an argument like
the docs say you should be able to, e.g. movie.play(1) I get the
following error message,

TypeError: play() takes no arguments (1 given)

My question is why?

Under pygame 1.7 this used to work. Has the underlying code changed and
the docs didn't keep up with it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Wayne