Re: [pygame] Whatever happend to movieext ?

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> Which operating system are you using? The movie module works on Windows XP
> and Linux. For Windows you need to use the windib video driver:
I'm on GNU/Linux and it's not that that I can't get it to work, it's
that I can't get
it to work stable enough. But never mind.

> os.environ['SDL_VIDEODRIVER'] =  'windib'
>
> As for movieext, I don't remember anything about it. There was an ffmovie
> module, but it was abandoned. The latest attempt at a movie module
> replacement is _movie, but it is still in development.
I thought it was part of pygame some time ago and was wondering if it was
removed or if it's just hard to find.

Stas

--
Free-source educational programs for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org ; and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Schoolsplay