Re: [pygame] Forcing sprites to use specific palette entries?

I actually have one, but I would like if it were possible to alter which palette entries are used by pygame in real-time, what it seems happens when I .convert() an image, it loses it's unique palette data and just uses the basic pygame palette, but if I don't convert it, it makes it difficult to blit images and adds extra performance issues which might be a problem later.  The weird thing is that when I choose not to convert the images, it seems to make no difference, the sprites just seem to use whatever indicies they want anyway, is there some parameter in convert i dont know about, or is it my display setup?