Re: [pygame] patch: build against frameworks or regular libraries on OS X

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Ben Willmore <bdeb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mac OS X, libraries can be installed either as frameworks (e.g. by the system and MacPorts) or as regular libraries (e.g. by hand, homebrew, or fink). Pygame's config_darwin.py assumes that frameworks are installed. I modified config_darwin so that it will find either frameworks or libraries, whichever are installed. The patches are:

https://gist.github.com/1150335 (for pygame 1.9.1release)

and

https://gist.github.com/1150319 (for current pygame SVN)

I've tested these against regular libraries on OS X 10.7. Note that I had to disable the camera module in current SVN due to (probably unrelated) compilation errors.

Ben

Hi again,

do you have a homebrew recipe somewhere for pygame?  I couldn't find one on the main site.

cheers,