Re: SysFont wrongly italicizes text on XP, was Re: [pygame] BUG: SysFont hangs when loading certain fonts (with cause and fix ideas)

On 26/08/11 11:29 AM, René Dudfield wrote:
Hi,

I noticed another SysFont issue is the issue tracker:
    "SysFont wrongly italicizes text on XP"
https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame/issue/64/sysfont-wrongly-italicizes-text-on-xp

Is anyone on Windows XP able to confirm that the script below shows italic fonts when ran?

The screen shot here sure does look like they are italic:
http://www.pygame.org/old_bug_attachments/39/test_fonts.PNG

I made a note to check this on XP. It's time to retest Pygame on Windows anyway. I'm guessing there is no standardized way to discover fonts on Windows.

Lenard Lindstrom