Re: [SPAM: 5.000] [pygame] "game" idea

Bill Coderre wrote:

Make one of these for Pygame: http://lab.andre-michelle.com/pulsate

I decided to have a go at making one of these as a pyweek
warmup, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.

How to generate the sounds?

My first thought was to use MIDI, so I installed portmidi
and got my pygame configured so that pygame.midi is available.
However, on my system (MacOSX 10.6), pygame.midi.get_count()
reports a total of 0 MIDI devices available. :-(

I was hoping that the built-in midi synthesizer that lurks
somewhere in the bowels of MacOSX would appear as a MIDI
device here, but it seems not.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get MIDI sounds out of
pygame?

--
Greg