[pygame] Problems with reading joystick axis values

Hello!

I have been playing around with joysticks in pygame a little bit.
This is my most recent testing code:

<code>
/import pygame
import time

pygame.init()
pygame.joystick.init()

joystick=pygame.joystick.Joystick(0)
joystick.init()

print(joystick.get_name() +" found")

axis_old=2

while 1:
    axis=joystick.get_axis(0)
    if axis != axis_old:
        print(axis)
    axis_old=axis
    time.sleep(1)/
</code>

It should print the name of the joystick, read the values of axis 0 (i have
tried all other axes too) and print it every second.

It prints out this:
Logitech Logitech Attack 3 found
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:
0.0
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:

so it finds the correct stick (I also tried it with another one, no
problem), but it always reads 0, no matter how I move the axes. It also
prints "SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:" every time it reads from the joystick,
but as far as i know that's a known bug and already fixed in the newest dev
releases. But why does it always read 0?

The joysticks I have tested this with are both in working condition. I'm
using Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Daniel