Re: [pygame] pygame.midi

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012, Christopher Arndt wrote:

I can't say why you got this without more detail, but if you follow the
installation instructions in the README and have all the dependencies
you should be ok.

Yes, everything works fine now. I already have found rtmidi is better suited for my (simple) midi needs than pygame.midi, and it works without the sometimes strange error messages I have experienced with pygame.midi.

So thanks for pointing me to rtmidi!

A little question about your python-rtmidi:

why didn't you stay closer to the function names from the original C++ code

for example:
why get_port_name() instead of getPortName(), get_port_count() instead of
getPortCount(), etcetera ?

something like this:

        https://github.com/patrickkidd/pyrtmidi#readme

thanks,