Re: [pygame] pygame.midi

On 20.08.2012 14:35, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Is it possible to change the max queuesize for rtmidi.MidiIn() ?
> I'm trying to fetch SysEx dumps from a synth. Itw orks on my Linux box.
> But on a Windows machine it only succeeds with small size dumps.

Yes, there is currently a max buffer size for receiving sysex messages
on Windows with the WinMM API, which is by default 1024 bytes. You can
set the RT_SYSEX_BUFFER_SIZE definition in src/RtMidi.cpp to a higher
value and recompile. Just remove the "build" directory and run "python
setup.py install" again.

See also http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtmidi/index.html#apinotes
under Windows (Multimedia Library).

Chris