Re: [pygame] Starting the pygame 2 series

I completed the repo cleanup.
    https://github.com/pygame/pygame/pull/485

There were something like 58 files and folders in the top level, and now there are 8 (and 4 . hidden files).

README.rst
buildconfig
docs
examples
setup.py
src_c
src_py
test

I think it's much more clear now that 'src_c' has the c files, and 'src_py' has the python files. Rather than 'src', and 'lib'.

Lots of stuff was shoved into 'buildconfig' or removed. I updated the developer 'hacking' guide, but you can run tests like this:

python setup.py docs
python setup.py test

Even though most every file in the repo was moved there are still some things that could be cleaned up. But it's a good start, and should help people who want to contribute find things more easily, and not get lost in a sea of config file soup.

cheers,