[pygame] Re: About Pygame development

Weatbag is a funny name, in the best ever way :)
Yeah, this sounds like a interesting idea.
Where each person can create a different module for a separate part of the game world.

I think the reddit group tried a couple of collaborative games too.
I'm pretty sure minecraft came about as part of this idea of a collaborative game.
At the time there was a python game where people could also write bots that would battle each other.

Yeah, could lord.mauve be convinced to do such a game in pyweek?
Pretty fun idea IMHO.

---

But the direction I was thinking of was more in the line of the Blender short films (open projects).
https://www.blender.org/about/projects/

This would be a commercial project funded by either a publisher, crowd funding, grants, or some combination of these.
The team would be made up from people in the pygame community. A pyweek/ludumdare winner as programmer and designer, a musician (hopefully someone using pygame to make music!), a gfx artist(again someone using pygame), someone working on pygame tools to support the production, and perhaps someone working on project management and marketing.
In the same way as the Blender open short film projects work, pygame development by the tools programmer would be driven by the games needs, and then these improvements would be available for other people using pygame. Also, the resulting game should hopefully be of higher quality than other productions. And of course it would be an open project (transparent, and the results released as FLOSS).