[pygame] The light at the end of the tunnel

Hi,

I highly appreciate the time and effort which developers put to Pygame 2.

I need to plan the release of my own software which is currently using Pygame.
So I need either to use the old version of Pygame and deal with libsdl1.2 issues
on Raspbian Buster OS or wait for Pygame 2 or switch to Kivy.

Is there any tentative date for the Pygame 2 release? Can it happen this year or next year?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards