Re: [pygame] chewy changes to cvs

--- Pete Shinners <pete@visionart.com> wrote:
> well, i made more 'breaking' changes to cvs. here's
> the snip from
> the WHATSNEW file...
>
> Nov 28, 2000
>  Surface.convert() better handles surface flags
>  All color arguments (and returns) are RGBA format
> [BREAK]
>  Removed Surface.map_rgba and unmap_rgba [BREAK]
>  Added a default font, used by passing None as font
> file

maybe this is related -- I am experiencing some
strangeness with the surfarray module.  I'm using the
cvs version and am having trouble going back to the
old one to check if this was happening before, but it
seems that pixels3d returns arrays in BGR format both
in 32 and 24 bit modes, but blit_array uses RGB order
in 32bit and BGR in 24bit. in other words if you take
a slice of the pixels3d member in 32 bit mode, blit it
to a new surface of the same dimensions, then blit
that back to the display surface the red and blue will
be reversed. this is on win98 in software and hardware
surfaces. you probably know about this anyway but if
not I can send code that shows it.

also array3d seems to either return garbled results or
cause a segfault.