Re: [pygame] SDL on WinCE ?

Michael Teo wrote:

> This might be a bit off topic.
> But have any pygame users/developers tried SDL on a Windows CE machine ?

there is some support for wince. you might want to browse through the
SDL mailing list archives for info, but you should start here...
(this was back in February 2001)

> http://www.libsdl.org/cvs/WinCE.txt
> http://www.libsdl.org/cvs/WinCE-SDL.zip
>
> The text file contains a list of the missing functionality in WinCE,
> and the ZIP file contains a build project for SDL on WinCE for the
> MIPS processor.  Just unpack it in the main SDL directory.
>
> The code almost compiles.  The audio doesn't work because WinCE 2.1
> doesn't contain semaphore support, and the video doesn't work because
> there doesn't seem to be a way to set the palette in a DIBSection.
> I can't test this code, so I'm relying on you all for coding support.

if you do get SDL and python running on wince, then pygame should be no
problem. might be a little work getting distutils to use the right
compiler project stuff, but i can likely help hack something out.