Re: [pygame] MP3 and pygame

Pete Shinners wrote:
Kristofer Wouk wrote:
pygame.mixer.music.load('somefile.mp3') I get:
 >  pygame.error: Module format not recognized
I'm using that command to load an MP3 on Mac OSX and getting the exact same SDL error you are.

Note that I'm using the identical Python code and identical MP3 on both Windows and Mac. I get this error on the Mac, but in Windows it works fine. The MP3 itself isn't corrupted, because I can play it in OSX with the preview player and with iTunes.

i have a feeling your problem is an ID3V2 tag on the file. SMPEG
doesn't seem to recognize MP3 files with this extra data. the "file"
command can tell you what tags are on the mp3.
I'm wondering if you ever resolved whether this was the trouble or something else?

So far I get this error on every MP3 I try whether the "file" command shows
MP3 file with ID3 version 2.3.0 tag
or something like
MP3, 96 kBits, 44.1 kHz, JStereo

I downloaded and ran a program to delete the tags (Taggerwocky v1.2 X), but still get this error on the MP3s.

Other than this problem everything seems to be working fine now on the Mac and I even have no problems playing WAVs.

Thanks,
Jeff