[pygame] Pygame for Python 2.4?

I just joined this list yesterday, so if this is a
topic that has been adressed many times, please
refrain from flaming me, but is there any plan for a
python 2.4 compatable release of pygame? Or is there
instructions out there to compile it from source? Or
has someone made one already? I found this list off of
the ASPN page, and someone had sent a link to a file
for 2.4, but then shortly there after said it didn't
work, is thier any other?

Also, if pygame development has stopped is thier any
other viable replacements out there?

Antonio

=====
Antonio Farinetti