[pygame] Questions regarding text on a pygame screen

I have written a little game and I only have one problem with it.
The instructions are quite long and I wondered is it possible to set up a text field so that if, it is too long for the screen it starts a line ?

Another question how can I get where the left hand side part of  an object is ?  If am right the x co-ordinate is the centre of the screen ?
By the way I am using pygame and using a modified version of the livewires package to make life easier - http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/