[pygame] pygameC and pygame-ctypes

Hello,

In my new library I would like to support both pygameC and
pygame-ctypes.

The actual code for supporting both is pretty easy. However, I need the
correct way to detect which version of pygame is installed.

I would also like to know if there is a way to install both versions of
pygame at once so I can easily test both versions? How would I then say
which version to use?

wxPython has a wxversions module which lets you select different types
of wxPython. (IE Unicode, 2.6, 2.7, etc) Maybe something like this for
pygame could be useful?

Thanks for your time.

Tim Ansell