Re: [pygame] pygame 1.8.0rc1 please test.

On 15 Dec 2006 at 13:13, René Dudfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> pygame 1.8.0rc1 is tagged in subversion... please test.
>
> Here's the source tar ball:
> http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/stuff/pygame-1.8.0rc1.tar.gz
>

> Cheers,

Well I compiled and installed it for Python 2.5 on Windows using
MingGW (gcc 3.4.5) and John Popplewell's prebuilts. It works with a
program that reads png files and relies heavily on surfarray. But I
found I had to deal with the following small issues to get pygame
installed:

1) setup.py assumes that a MinGW build is an MSYS build. This is not
the case with me. So I had to change line 143 of setup.py to:

        tempcompiler = new_compiler(compiler='mingw32')

to use the right compiler when doing a straight Windows build.

2) The movie modules raises compiler errors when building, so I had
to omit it. Does it even work on Windows?

3) The setup.in file makes scrape.c dependent on the X11 library.
This is definitly no right for Windows. I changed the library to
user32.

4) The setup.py install option does not copy libpng, libjpeg, etc. to
site-packages\pygame so I had to do it by hand.

5) Popplewell's prebuilt library has libpng13.dll instead of
libpng.dll so I had to change that in setup.in.

Otherwise everything went smoothly. Thanks for getting 1.8 ready.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>