Re: [pygame] stupidity, and a lesson learned

Very interesting ideas. The link will be handy for later use. For now,
I have simply used this format :

name;author;date;version;width;height

and then use split(";") to move them into a list and assign it to
variables then.
Does this seem alright, no glaring things I have missed? It does seem
to work from
my small amount of testing that I have put it through.

-spot

On 12/18/06, Richard Jones <richardjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 18 December 2006 16:31, Luke Paireepinart wrote:
> Note that the way your mapfile is formatted, you could just import it as
> a python module, and the variables would be declared automatically.

Not quite. The strings aren't quoted. He could however use the standard
library ConfigParser which is designed for this very thing.

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ConfigParser.html

Richard