Re: [pygame] Re: pygame 1.8.0rc1 please test.

Hi René,

The test release doesn't read png files. It raises a "pygame.error:
Unsupported image format". I see it differs from the "pygame.error: File
is not a Windows BMP file" when the png dll is missing in my 1.8 build.

As for the access violation, I wasn't sure if pygame.movie was fixed for
Windows, so didn't give it much notice. It does work for me.

Have a good holiday,

Lenard.

PS. I will try the rc2 version at some point. It was unavailable on
18:30 Dec. 23 GMT.

L.L.

René Dudfield wrote:
Hi,

I think png has been compiled in statically, so it should run fine
without a dll.  Or has it been linked in somewhere?

Weird about the access violation... was there any other information printed?

Cheers,

On 12/23/06, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
René Dudfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please test the windows python2.4 rc1 release.
>
> http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/pygame-1.8.0rc1.win32-py2.4.exe
>
> Cheers,
It's missing libpng.dll, etc. Will these be external dependencies? It
doesn't even use them when I add them myself. But I do have a working
version for Python 2.5 on Windows that runs fine (only one
non-reproduced access violation when quiting the pyzlle 0.8 demo).

--

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>