[pygame] uDevGames 2008 Game Dev Contest

Hello everyone. Phill Hasey recommended that I post my news directly to your mailing list, so I hope you don't mind a short commercial.

I was looking at the various games on the PyGame site the other day and thought, "We need some PyGame developers to enter uDevGames -- there's some cool talent here."

uDevGames, if you haven't heard is our flagship game development contest, which was started in 2001. Its mission is to motivate game programmers, make them more professional in terms of coding and marketing and help to jump start their careers. In fact, many of our alumni are now working in the professional game dev business I am happy to say.

uDevGames kicked-off on December 2nd. The contest lasts for 3 months. At the end, there's a public voting stage and then once the winners are announced, we hand out some very very cool prizes. uDevGames is also unique because each game's source is released back into the public. (Open Source). But that hasn't stopped some developers from improving on their own games and releasing updated titles as shareware, or some cases as commercial published games.

As iDevGames is focused on the Mac, I regret to say that our Linux and Window game coding brothers can't join in, unless their IDE of choice allows for creation of a Mac binary. Still, its a great event for those platforms as I have seen several of past games ported to these platforms. Some developers actual develop cross-platform games from the start.

We have an announcement about uDevGames here:

There's also a 'must read' for uDevGames developers that is full of advice. Actually, the article is great for any new game programmer!

Again, thanks to Phil for letting me post here and I look forward to seeing some of you join in the fun. Perhaps I might take a closer look at PyGame once uDevGames is over and things return to normal at iDevGames.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Kind Regards,

Carlos Camacho
Editor-in-Chief

Websites: iDevGames.com | iDevApps.com | uDevGames.com