Re: [pygame] Newbie Main Window / Message Loop questions..

Shavais Z wrote:
it seems weird to me that while there is this "Python" menu up there with a "Quit" option that actually works, when you click it, but the advertised shortcut key (Option Q) for it doesn't work.

+1 from me on fixing this too... it's really quite lame.

For some reason, the whole program just pauses when I click on the top screen menu. It just stops operating. Why would that be?

Probably because the pygame event loop doesn't get a chance to
run until you've finished playing with the menus. You might be
able to fix this would be to use a separate thread for things
that need to run regularly, although you might have problems
getting the screen updated from that thread.

If you can get the threaded approach to work, it might also
solve the resizing issue, but I don't really know.

I guess we're waiting on a pygame update to make use of a more recent rev of SDL at this point?

Recent SDL definitely eliminates the Quickdraw warnings. I don't
think it will make a difference to any of the other things, though.
I expect they're fundamentally related to the way SDL handles
events.

--
Greg