[pygame] Sprite Classes

Hi,

I was wondering some things about sprites to help me understand them better. I currently have a sprite class which loads up the player and can move it around using the joystick/keyboard as well as rotate the character based on what direction they are moving. What I want to be able to do is add into the class a shoot function that will take the parameters I pass to it (I already have the control system for joysticks ready for it)

What I want to know is how sprite track what they draw, and if it is possible to have it track two different images and locations per instance?

With Thanks,

Andrew Godfroy