Re: [pygame] Python3 version packaged?

Hi,

On Gnu/Linux it is simpler to just build Pygame from source. The dependencies are libsdl-mixer, libsdl-image, libsdl-ttf, and libportmidi0. Installing these libraries, and their header file dev packages should force the installation of all Pygame dependencies, such as SDL and freetype2. Also be sure to include the Python3 dev package. Since I do most of my Pygame development on Linux Mint, there should be no compatibility issues on Ubuntu, except with libportmidi0. So I suggest commenting out the Pygame midi module entry in the Setup file.

Lenard Lindstrom