Re: [pygame]

Harry has a good point.
Tom, why don't you regularly post on the Pygame site? Sounds very interesting.Â

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Paul Vincent Craven <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What features would we look for in PyGame 2?

Moving to SDL 2 would be a large change from what we have now.

It doesn't have to be.

For the past month or so, Patrick Dawson and myself have been working on on a rewrite of pygame on top of SDL2, trying to preserve support for most* of the pygame python-level API, while adding support for SDL2 features. You can see what we have at:

It's enough to run some non-trivial games without major changes, on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android, although it's probably closer to pygame 1.8 then 1.9. I'm currently working on iOS support, after which nightly builds will start coming out. At some point, we'll be exposing new features based on SDL2, while still trying to hew relatively closely to the pygame API, so people's existing code and experience can be preserved.

* I think it makes sense to drop support for surfaces with depths of less than 32bpp - doing so is a big simplification.

--
Diliup Gabadamudalige

http://www.diliupg.com
http://soft.diliupg.com/

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Any unauthorized reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.