Re: [pygame] Should I use Sprites and Groups ?

I generally advocate the use of sprite groups since they tend to simplify common tasks like updating, drawing, and even adding and removing sprites from the game. Its a proven system that works well enough. These days CPUs are fast enough that its is just easiest to draw everything and not worry about dirty screen updates. If you are having such low performance for only a few sprites, then there is almost certainly something else (besides blitting) that is bottlenecking your program.