[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [pygame] IDE
- To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [pygame] IDE
- From: Daniel Foerster <pydsigner@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 14:58:54 -0600
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: pygame-users-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:59:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Ufj8I7J7BDQYuxd9fO0d7cqi8IlrqeuM8TT5FjTM4sU=; b=VP+1av/4yi7uo6sLDLHRfB67KJZsxwI8NdDvJNDXFSmT7SUyeGXWQJZnJFyBJ5uExH i3cFXz/Yy02umu3PqqTMdTWfkxTRGusYC7M2L2aaZMv6eSUYkB+gi0UcYK8XLskZUCfa TkR54nV3n9HTbeeAvYMPZ4cV+VoXYc5RhBzlv1V5c3A34MI5/apIOiKHtCMvWtBcPYGj aYdp/vde+YzNjfcl88BjUJ2EVm681ST1geMgUzcHsACBlwU8kh8SKHZ10SMsfkwElTdl k9T0V74UBGzZ9AyKAicGE2W/CyuqsjUqDqRFy6j3ofoTgTt6jKOq4TaIJ1cMBfGfXKBO 5yOQ==
- In-reply-to: <CAFKYrxqfrJUHbff32oETm7Tqnt6huc=YRUZ3T2n9kWhihJA9zA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJ82j093PQEy1WoLKBomsJJiKXF_a3z5-uehsHrcHtzb4SL44g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFKYrxqfrJUHbff32oETm7Tqnt6huc=YRUZ3T2n9kWhihJA9zA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
He was asking for good editors. I'm currently partial to VS Code; to your point, it has nice integrations with git, pylint, and pytest.
why not just use Test Driven Development and a good editor?
On 12/22/18, David <dvp1964@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just wondering which IDE people use...
> I know some love ATOM editor (which isn't an ide, but still...)
> some love Pycharm but I've heard complaints too
> Eclipse is too much of a monster....
> I guess I should break it down to things like
> Paid or Open Source?
> Programmers Text Editor or IDE?
> Python-specific IDE or one of many?
> Cross-platform is a major plus, but Linux only is fine -win/mac only is NOT
> Should teens learning to program use a safe, simple, fluffy one, or just
> dive into what many people use?
> *Running Linux since 1994*
> *IT Tech Support *