Re: [pygame] set_alpha() weirdness.

> surface.set_alpha() isn't working the way I expected. I'm not sure if
> this is a pygame problem or a more general SDL one, or if my
> expectations are simply all screwed up.

this seems to be a bug in the underlying SDL. i've written
a test app for this in both pygame and SDL. i've passed this
along to the SDL team, and they are waiting for a response
from the guy who has written all the alpha blending blitters.

once there is an answer and possibly a workaround, i'll be
sure to let you all know.

in the meantime, if you'd like to compare and contrast the
small test in both python and C, you're more than welcome
to take a gander.  http://pygame.seul.org/ftp/contrib/alphas.zip