[pygame] help... please

I am new to this mailing list and basically new to programming, I've done some basic stuff with python but nothing serious.
I need a good tutorial on BASIC (and then more advanced, the mayority of tutorials I've gone through start with very basic stuff but then jump to something quiet complicated) programming with python, prefferably with lots of examples on complete working programs.
Personally I think it would be better if I start with python and then get into pygame, correct me if I am wrong.
So if any of you can help me in any way you're more than welcome.
Oh and I'm 16 years old if that matters.

Mike