Re: [pygame] USEREVENT ignored (?) after approx. 20 events

Gerrit Holl wrote:
I am using events to warn about collisions in my game. I have the following
code to do that:

So, what's going wrong with the '.post' function call?
Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something?

This is happening after 10-63 event posts and 16-61 seconds.
I do not really see a clear link between the two[0].

I also tried to .clear() the method queue because it might be
polluted with irrelevant events, but this made no difference.

I am using Pygame 1.5.5, Python 2.3a2, Linux 2.4.17, GCC 2.96.
hey gerrit, this sure doesn't look right. the only real problem you should have with the queue is it getting filled up (i believe the SDL queue only holds 256 events).

i will definitely dig into this more if you could send me your 'nonworking' example.