Re: [pygame] teaching python 2.4

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 20:48, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:46:36 +1300, Stuart <stuartw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I use it a lot (and mingwin), unfortunately python extensions must be
> > compiled with the same compiler as the local python install I believe,
> > yes?
>
> You can compile python extensions with mingwin/gcc.  C extensions are
> easy.  However it is a little difficult with C++ extensions if the C++
> library was not done with mingwing/C++.
>
> Also you can get the command line version of the ms compiler for free* now.

Good point Rene, I should definately try mingw32.

The command line version of the msoft compilers has no optimisers I believe
(only Pro versions have them) so the code produced is reputedly very slow,
not really a good thing in situations like pygame (although perhaps
survivable in my case).

Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Stuart.