Re: [pygame] [Pygame] Sending E-Mail Through Python

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Kris Schnee wrote:

>andrew baker wrote:
>> What he said, or a strategy combat game, either.
>
>Not chess. A Python/Pygame AI that can answer e-mails.
>See <http://www.livejournal.com/users/niss_the_ai/>, although at this
>point I'm doing almost all of the writing. But I can walk around in the
>bad-graphics game world equipping gloves and eating tofu!
>
> > Do you have your name server properly configured?  Also, check which
> > ports it's supposed to access and ensure those are opened in your
> > firewall.

Do you actually run a mail server on your machine? You can test using
this (on a Linux/OSX machine, for Windows I have no idea):

% telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost ESMTP Exim 4.43 Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:52:40 +0200

The 220 line means that the server is up and running. If this doesn't
work you have to look into your mail server configuration (or simply start
it).

--

        Most gods find it hard to walk and think at the same time.
                                             -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods