Re: [pygame] Pygame and PyOGRE

Jan Ekholm wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Kris Schnee wrote:

Does anyone know about using Pygame together with PyOGRE to make a
Windows executable?

Is PyOGRE in a usable state? I've played a bit with OGRE and it's really
nice, and Python/Pygame would make it even nicer.

With some fumbling I got some of the PyOGRE demos working, including the robots, terrain, skydome, and smoke programs. Others like the BSP demo summon the Blue Screen of Death, but they did with regular OGRE too, and these are features I never expect to use. I was able to change superficial things like the # of robots or the color of lighting, easily. I don't know how to use py2exe to build PyOGRE-based EXEs the same way as with regular Python EXEs, though; py2exe builds an executable, but running it gives an error message about missing libraries.

I'm looking for a free 3D graphics system of some kind for Python; something that will let me display cube-shaped textured tiles and view them from any camera angle, and preferably with bells/whistles like light sources. PyOGRE can probably do that, but I don't know how. As a result I've been building my code to be engine-independant; it can even display the game world in ASCII.

Kris