[pygame] Pygame success story

Hi,

I think, that there are missing some success stories, so that I write one. Sorry for my English :-).

I have very small complany (myself and some people, that helps me parttime) for creating education programs. First program, that I finished now is program for practicing Czech grammer. Yes, maybe you now, that Czech grammer is very difficult, so that children has to practice it very much.

I created my program as a Snake-like game - you have to "eat" correct answer. Program supports one or 2 players game, there are 40 different levels in 6 different graphics skins.

I used Python and Pygame for game development. I spend relative long time with developing GUI library, because none of available GUIs were good enought for me. But otherwise - development with Python and Pygame was wonderfull. I tried to write simmilar program in C some years ago, but there were so many problems with memory leaks, so many errors, that appears "sometimes". With Python and Pygame I was able to forgot for this sort of errors. The speed of development was also very good - whole programming including GUI library takes about 3 man-months. And as a bonus I have Linux, Windows and Apple OS X versions without much of work.

I can recommend Pygame and Python for commercial programs, I think, that with other existing tools and toolkits I cannot to develop my program so quick or for all platforms.

You can found my program at http://www.ucimehrou.cz, sorry, it is in Czech only. But you can look on some screenshots (Obrázkový průvodce, 3rd link under Akční čeština, than you can click on Následující snímek for next screenshot) or you can download shareware version (win - http://www.ucimehrou.cz/vyukove-programy/akcnicestina-pravopis/stahnout-windows.html
and linux - http://www.ucimehrou.cz/vyukove-programy/akcnicestina-pravopis/stahnout-linux.html).

Thank you all pygame developers. I'd like to publish my SimpleUI library under GPL or simmilar licence after some cleanup to give comunity something back. I think, that it could be useful for others too, because it has some nice features as skins in XML, animations in XML etc.

Have a nice day,

Jindra Sarson