Re: [pygame] Create an exe

David Holland wrote:
Thanks it did create the exe but, when I ran it from a
dos prompt it failed with this error.

File "livewires3\games.pyc", line 585 in init_text Fatal Python error: <pygame parachute> Segmentation
Fault.
Any ideas ?  I put the library in the same directory
but no luck

Sorry, but I don't know the answer. A "segmentation fault" sounds like an error in allocating memory. You might try commenting out a lot of your code and rebuilding the EXE to see exactly what it's complaining about...

Hmm. "Line 585 in init_text"? Jump to that line with <Alt-G>. It sounds like that problem with having FREESANSBOLD.TTF in the same directory; could LiveWires be using a different font? Try commenting out any lines involving loading/displaying text (in a graphics window) and seeing whether the EXE runs.

Kris