Re: [pygame] Mixing Python and C in games

On 2/17/06, Toni Alatalo <antont@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> that i dont know. if pyrex was perfect, would it not you just do the normal
> set([1,2,3]) - other_set ..business and generate those to the equivalent PyC
> function calls?

My understanding is that Pyrex does not do this yet. I'd love to be
wrong, though (I mean it generates the PyObject_ calls, sure, but that
probably has quite a lot of overhead compared to using PyDict et al
directly).

> there are two pyrex-written python opengl engines, you know? soya3d and
> spineless.. soya3d goes i think even too far in writing everything in pyrex,
> on the one hand things like SDL (it does not use pygame), but even
> Shape.Get() implementation that can open blender to convert a .blend to
> soya-data first.. spineless is much different, uses pygame for sdl and
> implements more things in py, and just some things in pyrex. soya3d is
> complete, spineless incomplete and even abandoned? but nicer code afaik.

Thanks! I'll take a look at Spineless and Soya sources.

--
Sami Hangaslammi