[pygame] Pygame vs. PyOpenGL

Hey guys,
  I am new to this list, and to the developer community in general
(most of my coding comes from server side scripting, namely php, not
program development).  I am looking to program a python game, and I
wish to know the differences between pyopengl and pygame.  I
understand that at the basic level, pyopengl allows for hardware
rendering of graphics, and pygame allows for software rendering of
graphics.  I also know that pyopengl is simply the binding for opengl
in python and that I would actually be programming in opengl, not
python really.  So i guess with the foundation out of the way, what
are some of the more in depth arguments for or against either one, or
for or against the integration of both into the same project.

Thanks,
Unteer

p.s. this is my first mailing list, so if there is some etiquette that
I am not following, feel free to razz me.