Re: [pygame] Display won't close gracefully

Daniel McNeese wrote:
I'm reposting this, as my first attempt seems to have vanished.

When I use pygame.display.set_mode to create a game window, it refuses to close properly (it reads as "not responding"). This is even when using code straight from introductory tutorials or when having the program do nothing but end after invoking the command. The screen will work fine up until I try to close it, though.

Can anyone tell me how to make the display shut down properly? I'm using Windows XP, python 2.4.4 and pygame 1.7.1.

Thanks.

Are you running the program through IDLE, perhaps?