Re: [pygame] textboxes and buttons (solved)

I suprisingly solved the problem. It was one of encoding.
I replaced:

 self._text = self._text[:self._caret] + event.unicode + self._text[self._caret:]

with

 self._text = self._text[:self._caret] + str(event.unicode) + self._text[self._caret:]

in ocempgui's Editable.py, and everything seems dandy once everything is cx_freezed.

BTW, pgu had a similar problem, throwing an "unknown encoding: latin-1".
-matt

Thanks.
I'm using ocempGUI and its documentation is somewhat better than pgu's so it's going pretty well.

I have one problem though. Whenever I cx_freeze my application anbd try it out, as soon as I attempt to enter anything in a textbox, I get a "Fatal Python Error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault".

I traced ocempgui's code and found out the segmentation fault is thrown very close to but after

  self.dirty = True  in Editable.py -> notify()

I'm guessing another thread picks that up and something goes awry in the drawing.

Has anyone cx_freezed a ocempgui app successfully?

-matt