Re: [pygame] pygame is a disgrace

At first, I found Pygame perfect for the games I wanted to create. However, as time went on I began to realize that is was only good for VERY simple games. Even simple things such as rotating an image on a specified axis became convoluted and overly-complicated. I would highly reccommend that the Pygame team take a few pointers from the guy that developed Pysgear. Pygame is still low-level in many areas.
Pygame is not for making particular types of games.
It's for making game engines.
Pygsear is just a wrapper for Pygame.
Essentially you're using a game engine someone else wrote.
Pygame will get too convoluted if they add engine-specific code to it --
what use is there for rotating a 2d image around an axis if you're using pygame with PyOpenGL, for example?

HTH,
-Luke